Overtime!: Brett Favre saga: Packers trades the legend to New York.
League of Legends Guide

Thursday, August 07, 2008

Brett Favre saga: Packers trades the legend to New York.


Late yesterday evening, the Green Bay Packers General Manager, Ted Thompson, got rid of the biggest thorn to his side by trading Brett Favre to the New York Jets.

The Jets have given the Packers a 2009 fourth round draft pick for the legendary quarterback. This is nothing less than a steal. The New York Jets organization should be proud of themselves because they haven't had a decent QB since Joe Namath.

For a fan like myself, the move is very close to a ''worse case scenario''. I will have to tune in the Jets games next season to be able to follow Brett Favre. And I will most probably even cheer for the Jets!

If some kind of oracle appeared to me and told me that Brett Favre would be a member of the Jets six months ago, I would've laughed my way to the nearest mental institution.

Now if you can excuse me, I have to practice my new cheer...

J-E-T-S Jets! Jets! Jets!

J-E-T-S Jets! Jets! Jets!

J-E-T-S Jets! Jets! Jets!

(Picture: Brett Favre, Getty Images.)

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by FeedBurner


Free Website Counter
Shop NBC Coupon