Overtime!: A scary 5-4 win...
League of Legends Guide

Tuesday, February 27, 2007

A scary 5-4 win...

The atmosphere was electric at the Bell centre yesterday night and the sellout crowd was extremely noisy. They saw the Montreal Canadiens litterally explode and take a 5-2 lead after 2 periods.

BUT with the help of goaltender David Aebisher, the game almost slipped out of their hands to finally finish in a scary 5-4 Montreal win over their arch-rivals Toronto Maple Leafs.

I will now tell you what I really think of David Aebisher. That goaltender should thank the heavens that he has a multi-million dollar job in the NHL because this guy is a major clown. He allowed 3 extremely bad goals that should've been routine saves. Heck, even my 61-year old mother would've made those saves without using her hands at all. I do not know what holds me back from taking my steel crowbar and break one of his legs to make sure he doesn't appear in goal for the Habs ever.

I know this sounds harsh but when you are paid that kind of money and are in the middle of a tight playoff race, when your teammates are giving a hell of a performance in front of a electric crowd despite a flu bug hitting one third of the team. You DO NOT have the right to let them down like he did. I don't think it was a lack of concentration from his part. The guy lacks of both talent and balls. This sport is all about commitment, dedication and standing tall for your brothers pushing in the same direction and I am sorry but David Aebisher should not have the right to even wear the Habs jersey ever after what I saw yesterday night.

I will stop my ranting right here because I could go on for hours and it is not good for my mental health. Bottom line is that the guys began to dive in front of every Toronto shots to avoid further sabotage from Aebisher. Extra kudos to Radek Bonk who played a hell of a game putting his name on the scoresheet for one assist. Bonk and some others blocked many shots to save the thin 1-goal lead in the 3rd...someone had to block the shots and Radek did it. I didn't even mention the dedication of Steve Begin who came back from a foot fracture after only a week of rest, still in pain.

This is dedication and will power. David should be aware of that and take the restaurant bill with a large smile tomorrow noon in New-York. The team staff ordered that all the players should stay together tomorrow because of the trade deadline of tomorrow at 3 PM.

The marathon continues tomorrow in Madison Square Garden, New-York.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Regarding your comment about the blogroll, I'm using Colleen's blogroll, so, if you're still on there, then it's already taken care of. You just won't see your blog listed all the time. Only 20 at a time. Otherwise the list would be too long.

9:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by FeedBurner


Free Website Counter
Shop NBC Coupon